Clientless VPN or SSL VPN – Secure Remote Access
Clientless VPN allows valuable secure access to the corporate network from any location. Users can achieve secure browser-based access to corporate resources at anytime.
Deployment Senario- SSL-VPN
An SSL VPN (Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network) is a form of VPN that can be used with a standard Web browser. In contrast to the traditional Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) VPN, an SSL VPN does not require the installation of specialized client software on the end user’s computer. It’s used to give remote users with access to Web applications, client/server applications and internal network connections. A VPN provides a secure communications mechanism for data and other information transmitted between two endpoints. An SSL VPN consists of one or more VPN devices to which the user connects by using his Web browser. The traffic between the Web browser and the SSL VPN device is encrypted with the SSL protocol or its successor, the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol. An SSL VPN offers versatility, ease of use and granular control for a range of users on a variety of computers, accessing resources from many locations. SSL VPN products have a variety of form factors and features that can be combined to meet the needs of companies of all sizes. These range from SMBs that need VPN access for remote/mobile employees to large global deployments that need to provide remote and/or extranet access, for employees, partners, and customers from a single platform. AnexGATE SSL VPNs are based on the Instant Virtual Extranet (IVE) platform, which uses SSL, the security protocol found in all standard Web browsers.
- All the Performance with all the features of SSL VPN for Smarter, Safer, more Secure Remote Access.
- Secure SSL Tunnel: encrypted application data for internal networks, remote users, mobile work force and 3rd party vendors/consultants
- Single all-in-one appliance: Functions as a node on the network and provides endpoint security, host checking, compression, 4 forms of access, self update of full Client, supports VOIP and client side clean up.
- Reduced desktop support costs: Web-based access without preinstalled desktop software facilitates customized remote access based on user and security requirements.
- Reduced cost and management complexity: Single device for both SSL VPN and IPSec VPN facilitates robust remote access and site-to-site VPN services and eliminates the need for additional security devices.